Hi, I’m Stephanie Albares. Saltbush Avenue is my creative home base! It encompasses my passion projects: updating spaces in my home, documenting the sunbelt mid-century aesthetics I grew up with, and creating artwork inspired by the shapes and lines within Australian suburbia.
My content has been featured on Apartment Therapy, Mashable, House Beautiful, Elle Decor, FaveQuilts, Craftgawker, and Brit+Co. I also created a series of DIY tutorials for Homedit.
I live in a post-war weatherboard house with my partner Jamie, my cat Mishka and a whole mess of plants. My interests include typography, plainspoken mid-mod aesthetics, any hot beverage as long as it doesn’t have turmeric in it, and checking in on the garden with my cat supervisor.
Originally from Phoenix, Arizona, I’ve been living in Hobart, Australia for the past decade. I have a family history of moving here, there, and everywhere, so I’m always interested in the homes that people create for themselves. I like learning about cities, neighbourhoods, and the quirks that make each one feel comfortable and familiar.
- Most furnishings in my house are secondhand/vintage or IKEA, with a few pieces from Freedom and West Elm. As for secondhand sources, I like Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, tip shops, antique stores and local auctions.
- I write in Australian English in my professional endeavo(u)rs, yes.
- Recommended cafes in Hobart: Island Espresso, Shake A Leg Jr, Berta, Yellow Bernard, Capulus Espresso, Criterion St Cafe, Texas Pantry, Bury Me Standing, Taco Taco, The Standard. (This is by no means a comprehensive list.)
Thank you for stopping by! It’s so good to have you here.
If you’d like to contact me, or ask me about anything in particular, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to hear from you.
I do have a couple of important things to mention, since I keep getting these requests:
- I do not accept guest posts or guest content.
- I’m not reviewing your product or participating in your promotion for free. Hard pass.
Thanks for your consideration,